For the sorghum soup:
For the mussels:
- Leave the sorghum to soak in water for a couple of hours, drain and rinse
- Separately, blend the celery and carrot
- In a saucepan, add the oil and the blended carrot and celery
- Add the sorghum and leave to simmer in the pan on low heat
- Once simmering is complete, cover the sorghum with vegetable broth and leave to cook on low heat for about 2 hrs.
For the pesto sauce:
- Place the mussels in a transparent container, together with the diced tomatoes and the parsley and dress with a spoonful of oil
- Close the container with a lid and cook in the microwave at full heat for 2-4 minutes
- Filter the liquid and add it to the sorghum
- Place the basil, pine nuts and salt in the blender cup
- Blend and slowly add the oil until you obtain a thick creamy substance
- Add the pecorino (sheep’s milk cheese), taste and add salt if required
To serve this dish, place the sorghum soup in dishes, add the mussels and pesto and garnish with a sprig of basil.